PACDC is dedicated to advocacy, policy development and technical assistance for community development corporations and other organizations in their efforts to rebuild communities and revitalize neighborhoods. Through our policy and advocacy work, we strive to create a more supportive environment for community development activities and to enable our members to more effectively meet the needs of lower income residents and advance neighborhood revitalization. In addition, we aim to build the capacity of CDCs through resource and information delivery, a sharing of ideas and practices among CDCs, technical assistance, and promotion of the community development industry.
What is Our Vision?
Vibrant and diverse neighborhoods across Philadelphia that equitably meet the needs of all community members, preserve and enhance community assets, and foster a stronger city and region. Vibrant and Diverse Neighborhoods are ones that:
- Ensure that neighborhood residents and other stakeholders play an integral role in determining the future of their community;
- Ensure that lower-income and long-term residents and other stakeholders benefit from neighborhood improvements;
- Retain existing and attract new public and private investment, residents, and businesses;
- Provide a range of housing opportunities to benefit households at a variety of income levels;
- Provide local access to goods, services and jobs; and
- Sustain a mix of incomes and ethnicities over time